Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Picture is Worth. . . .




There is that one saying about a pictures worth . . . you know how it goes "A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words "



This saying has been passed said in bar conversations, discussed between philosophers, and even had thesis written about it. While I won't be taking it that far I do feel like this saying has a very real interpretation for one of the main purposes of this blog. A lot of the art I have been looking at while doing some research about Cancer as Art and Art Therapy I have come to the conclusion that A picture is worth a Thousands Words if not a Million. This saying for the people who are using Art as a way to escape, interpret, define, and cope with their cancer is so profound.

For me being able to look at Cancer through Art Therapy has been a theraputic outlet. I know that sounds redundan, but it's the truth. I first thought of Cancer as this scary dark hole that people are shoved into to now seeing Cancer as more or less a beautiful exprience into your soul. This might sound a little over the top, but in the aspect of Art I feel like it fits. The images of art forms that I have seen are beautiful and breath taking. They allow you to see the good in something evil. There is no judgement and no outside element telling it what to do or how to act . . . It's just the creation of someone's perspective on how they feel about Cancer and what they are going through.

A couple neat sites that follow this post:


Inspiring others to create.



No comments:

Post a Comment